Kurtas are a must-have fashion staple in a man’s wardrobe. We list the kinds of kurtas you can buy this season.
They are considered as ethnic wear, and they make a great addition to any man’s wardrobe. Kurtas suit a man of every age, from teenagers to senior citizens. The garment’s relaxed silhouette does a lot to hide the problem areas of the body as well. Kurtas were traditionally worn by older men over dhotis or loose salwars. But over the years, the kurta has made its way to the wardrobes of much younger men as well.
Every man will have at least one kurta in his wardrobe, but we say, why stop at just one? There are so many varieties of men’s kurtas online that you can pick this season. Choose from different colours, fabrics and styles. You would be remiss if you didn’t try out at least one of the following types of kurtas online:
* Asymmetric hem. Who would have thought that such a whimsical style would ever make its way to a man’s kurta? But fashion often springs many surprises, and this one’s a special surprise in kurtas online. Look up a leading fashion site like Jabong and find kurtas with eccentric hems, to be worn over fitted pants, skinny jeans or plain white churidars. Up the ante on this stylish look with a sleeveless cotton jacket and Aviators thrown on – there, you’re already making heads turn.
* Decorative buttons down the front. Since you’re already interested in a bit of whimsy, here’s another idea to try out. A popular way of taking a kurta from drab to fab, is to have a column of buttons down the front. Jabong has this style of kurtas online, where a long column of shiny buttons wends its way a little below the chest. This simple trick elevates a plain and boring kurta to a really chic one. Pair with straight cut jeans, roll the sleeves up to the elbows and finish off with leather shoes.
* Regular fit. This is a must-have for every man. It goes with both churidars and pants, and it is roomy enough to hide a bulging belly or a muffin top. This is why this style of kurta is preferred by most men. But it can also get boring really quickly, so be sure to pick eye catching colours like flaming red, sunshine yellow, baby pink and bottle green. Finish with light blue jeans, mojris or leather sandals. Throw on a sleeveless cotton jacket for added oomph.
* Shirt type. You will find kurtas online that look more like a shirt at first glance. But it’s a kurta alright, and it looks really great on youthful men. This style of kurta is more suited to thin, tall men with slightly muscly arms. The kurta may feature short sleeves, though the longer sleeved style looks much better. Wear it with fitted jeans, and finish with a pocket square and leather shoes.
* Solid. Moving on from the recent trend of embroidered and colourful men’s kurtas online, this season features solid colours in kurtas. Go bold and solid with this style, with pants or churidar in a contrasting style. The kurta may be crafted from cotton, khadi or silk.
There you have it – our pick of the must-have kurtas for men this season. Which one’s your favourite?